We are currently looking to hire a Director of Musical Worship! See details below . . .
Director of Musical Worship
Mercy Hill Church is located in San Jose, CA. We are a member of the Acts 29 church planting network. We are currently looking for a Director of Musical Worship. The Director of Musical Worship is responsible for leading Mercy Hill’s other musicians and members in the worship of God through song. This is a part-time position with the possibility of growing into more depending upon the skillset of the individual (see below).
- A deep and abiding relationship with Jesus Christ
- Mature and proven Christian character (on par with what’s mentioned of deacons in 1 Tim. 3:8-13)
- Alignment with our Core Confession and general agreement with our Doctrinal Distinctives
- A shared passion for our Mission and Values
- A biblical understanding of the role of music during worship services and in the life of a Christian
- Musical skill and the ability to lead worship with a team or solo as required (some experience necessary)
- A musical style and approach to song selection that is compatible with our culture as a church (our style is more or less contemporary; we choose songs new and old with a particular concern for theological richness, gospel-centrality, and “singability” – (see our Spotify Playlist to get a sense of the kind of songs we appreciate)
- A willingness to undergo and complete the onboarding process (including our membership and deacon processes)
- A team player willing to collaborate with others and support the overall mission and vision of the church
Note: There is flexibility with some of the items on this list depending upon the individual’s competency (skill/experience) and capacity (time/bandwidth).
- Lead musical worship during our Sunday Services as needed (likely 3-4 times per month)
- Oversee, organize, and practice with other musicians on the Worship Team
- Oversee the weekly song selection in coordination with our pastoral leadership and whoever may be preaching that particular Sunday
- Work together with the Productions Team (Audio/Visual) to ensure a smooth Sunday Service experience
- Help train and raise up others to lead and/or participate on the Worship Team
This role is open to being adjusted and expanded upon in accordance with the gifting of the individual. Here are some optional “add-ons”:
- Pastoral Assistant
- Social mMedia, wWebsite
- Graphics design, photos/videos
- Connections: Next Steps, vVisitors follow-up
Dependent on experience, qualifications, and expected responsibilities.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please complete the online application form. If you know someone else who might be interested, please forward this along. Thanks and God bless you!