January 2, 2022 - Sunday Service Worship Guide
Good morning Mercy Hill and happy Sunday to you! If you're new with us, we just wanted to extend a special welcome to you. Feel free to fill out a Connection Card to get more info or prayer. We're glad to have you with us!
Here are a few critical announcements to keep in mind:
Week of Prayer - Kicking off Today!
The church is always called to be praying and seeking God together, but sometimes it is good to set aside special time to do so. That's what we are looking to do this first week of the year—Sunday (1/2) thru Sunday (1/9). Here are a few things to look forward to:
• We will have a special sermon delivered on the front end of this week (1/2) to help our community see the importance of engaging in this together.
• On the first Sunday of this week (1/2), we invite you to consider fasting from lunch or dinner and would especially love it if you'd join us on Zoom for our All Church Prayer meeting in the evening later that day where we'll have an extended time of prayer together.
• We will provide a Prayer Guide to give you ideas of what to pray for as well as space to record your prayers and things God is putting on your heart. The start of a new year naturally gets us reflecting on things—where we’ve been and where we hope to go. This guide has been designed to help you in this and offer a sort of framework for your evaluation and planning.
• We will provide daily reminders coinciding with the Prayer Guide that will be posted to our Mercy Hill Community Facebook Group. In this space we encourage you to engage with one another—sharing your prayers, prayer requests, verses of Scripture, and anything else God may put on your heart. Please do request to join the group if you haven't already so you can take part!
• We invite you to seriously consider jumping into our online Prayer Room on Wednesday of this week (1/5) from noon to 1:00pm.
• We will be encouraging all of our Home Groups to discuss the sermon and Prayer Guide and to give additional time during their weekly meetings for prayer. (If you’re not already a part of a Home Group, now’s the time! Find one to join here.)
• On the last Sunday of this week (1/9), though we would have loved to linger over lunch together after the Service (as we’ve done in previous years) and share informally with one another how our times in prayer during the week went, we will not be able to do this this year for safety reasons. Instead, we encourage you (again!) to utilize the Mercy Hill Community Facebook Group as a space to share and reflect together.
We really hope you will dive into this with us. We're excited to see what our God will do!
Click here to download this year's Prayer Guide!
(Note: If you missed the 1/2 service and you'd like a hard copy of the Prayer Guide, please email Jill Lemoine at and we can arrange a pickup!)
For more information, please contact us at .
Mercy Hill Youth Hangout - Next Week!
All Mercy Hill Youth (6th thru 12th grade) are invited to join us after service next Sunday, January 9th at 12:30pm. We'll have time for fellowship, prayer, and getting in God's Word. And we even plan to provide some pizza! Weather permitting, we'll meet at the picnic tables in the pavilion around the back of Allen at Steinbeck Elementary (if it's rainy or too cold, we'll meet inside). See ya there!
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at .
Mercy Hill Kids - In-Person Today!
Due to the pandemic and the varying comfort levels each family has with their kids attending class in-person, we have established a rhythm for Mercy Hill Kids that allows for both online and in-person worship. On the first and third Sundays of each month, Mercy Hill Kids has in-person instruction for Preschool and Elementary children (2.5 years thru 5th grade). On the off-weeks, Mercy Hill Kids meets online.
This Sunday's class is IN-PERSON. Kids can be checked in to their classes before the start of service and can continue there until the service ends. Our Nursery is not currently staffed but we do have a Mother's Room adjacent to the Sanctuary where parents can care for their littlest ones.
Note: We will NOT have the online zoom class on these first and third Sundays.
For more information, please contact Christina Lugo at .
All Church Prayer - Online Tonight!
Due to the cold weather and increase in COVID case counts, this Sunday's All Church Prayer meeting will be hosted online over Zoom. Please go here for more info and to find a link to sign in!
Home Groups are the heartbeat of our church. They are the place where our values of Faith, Community, and Mission gain traction in the everyday. Our hope is to have "everyone in one"!
Find a group to join here. You are not alone!
Title: They Devoted Themselves to Prayer: The Prominence of Prayer in the Book of Acts (Part 1)
Text: The Book of Acts
Preacher: Nick Weber
Manuscript: If you appreciate following along with written material, you can find today's manuscript here.
Call to Response
We encourage you to lift your heart and voice up to the Lord!
If you need prayer in any way, there are a number of things you can do: (1) find one of our leaders during or after the service; (2) fill out a Connection Card; (3) post your request to our Mercy Hill Community Facebook Group. We’d love to be lifting you up and caring for you in this time!
If you’d like to give an offering this morning, you can give online here. Thanks for your generosity!
Mercy Hill Kids
While difficult, this pandemic does create a wonderful chance for parents to step towards their God-given call as chief disciplers of their kids. We know this may feel overwhelming and that is why we want to help! Every Sunday we have something for your kids, either in-person or online. You can check our church calendar to see what's happening on a particular date. We'd love to have you join us!
If you have any questions or need help in any way, don't hesitate to reach out to Christina at
Have a Wonderful Week!