July 12, 2020 - Sunday Service Worship Guide
Good morning Mercy Hill and happy Sunday to you! If you're new with us, we just wanted to extend a special welcome to you. Feel free to fill out a Connection Card to get more info or prayer. We're glad to have you with us!
If you're tuning in for the Watch Party, you'll notice that the platform has tabs where you can find today's Worship Guide, read an online Bible, and even chat. While we're meeting virtually like this, we'd encourage everyone to please consider taking a moment to put a comment in the chat box there. Let us know who you are and maybe where you're tuning in from. Say hi. We miss you! And as we get into the message, feel free to share other Scriptures that come to mind, prayer requests that you have, questions that you'd like answered, etc. It would be great to interact even in this limited format.
Here are a few critical announcements to keep in mind:
- Sunday Service Reopening Survey: As the county goes back and forth with reopening and we get a sense of what our plans are, we’d love to know how you’re feeling about having in-person corporate gatherings. We've created a quick survey to get your opinion as it will help shape our plan and approach during this time. We would appreciate any feedback we can get from you. It will only take a minute! Please click the link here to access the survey.
- Sunday Service Afterparty: Remember to join us immediately following the Watch Party via Zoom for the Afterparty (which today will include a time for connections and prayer). You can find a link to join in here.
- Mercy Hill Kids Online Worship: Beginning at 11:30am today! Go here to read more and to find a link to sign in!
- - - - - - -
- Mercy Hill's Reopening Plan & Guidelines: We have begun formulating our own plan for reopening as a church and have created this document to provide a few guidelines and updates. It will be housed on our website's COVID-19 page and updated as things develop. Please look it over!
- Home Groups: Many of our Home Groups are moving to a hybrid (in-person + virtual) format. Whatever your comfort level with meeting, you're welcome to come check one out. Find one to join here. You are not alone!
- COVID-19 SOS Form: If you or anyone you know needs help during this challenging time, we'd love to do what we can!
Title: Do Not Be Afraid . . . We Are in This Together!
Text: Acts 28:11-15
Preacher: Nick Weber
Manuscript: If you appreciate following along with written material, you can find today's manuscript here.
- What effect has this season of shelter-in-place had on your relationships and sense of community? Would you say that you have grown more insular, apathetic, distant? What have you done to try to stay connected?
- Can you think of a time when you experienced something similar to Paul here in Acts 28:15—when being in community with other believers in one way or another helped you to "take courage"? Tell the story.
- Do you believe that we are all needy? What Scriptures would you use to make your case?
- Do you believe that we are all needed? What Scriptures would you use to make your case?
- Which is truth is harder for you personally to embrace—that you are needy or that you are needed? Why do you think?
- We are needy, we are needed, but we will never be enough for each other. In the sermon Nick said: "The point in all of this isn’t that you are supposed to fill me and I am supposed to fill you. The point is that we should come alongside each other and, side-by-side, hand-in-hand, begin to walk towards Jesus and the cross together. We don’t fill each other. We walk with each other towards the only One who can fill us both!" Do you agree with this? How might this reality reorient your expectations of other people and reposition you as you attempt to serve and care for them? Can you describe a time when Jesus "stood by you" even when everyone else had let you down (2 Tim 4:17)?
- What's one thing you can do to move towards community this week?
Call to Response
If you need prayer in any way, please either: (1) request it during the Watch Party via the "Request Prayer" button; (2) fill out a Connection Card; or (3) post your request to our Mercy Hill Community Facebook Group. We’d love to be lifting you up and caring for you in this time!
If you’d like to give an offering this morning, please check out our Give page to find the best option for you!
Mercy Hill Kids
While difficult, this pandemic does create a wonderful chance for parents to step towards their God-given call as chief disciplers of their kids. We know this may feel overwhelming and that is why we want to help! Parents of Mercy Hill children should have already received an email from the Director of Mercy Hill Kids, Christina Lugo, regarding ways you can utilize the Gospel Project curriculum at home. This information has also been included on our blog here. Beyond this, each Sunday, we are also looking to host an online worship gathering for our kids. You can check here for more details. We'd love to have you join us!
If you have any questions or need help in any way, don't hesitate to reach out to Christina at
Have a Wonderful Week!