June 14, 2020 - Sunday Service Worship Guide
Good morning Mercy Hill! If you're new with us, we just wanted to extend a special welcome to you. Feel free to fill out a Connection Card to get more info or prayer. We're glad to have you with us!
If you're tuning in for the Watch Party, you'll notice that the platform has tabs where you can find today's Worship Guide, read an online Bible, and even chat. While we're meeting virtually like this, we'd encourage everyone to please consider taking a moment to put a comment in the chat box there. Let us know who you are and maybe where you're tuning in from. Say hi. We miss you! And as we get into the message, feel free to share other Scriptures that come to mind, prayer requests that you have, questions that you'd like answered, etc. It would be great to interact even in this limited format.
Here are a few critical announcements to keep in mind:
- Mercy Hill's Reopening Plan & Guidelines: We have begun formulating our own plan for reopening as a church and have created this document to provide a few guidelines and updates. It will be housed on our website's COVID-19 page and updated as things develop. Please look it over!
- Men's DNA Group: Pursuing Peace: "You have conflict in your life—we all do. You encounter it in your home, your workplace, your school, or even your church. All around us tensions exist and disputes persist. Offered here is a step-by-step process for pursuing peace in ALL your relationships and a tool you can use to help others." Art Martinez will be starting a new book in his DNA group and welcomes any men from Mercy Hill to join! The group will be going through Pursuing Peace: A Christian Guide to Handling Our Conflicts. Look forward to a blessed time of fellowship, prayer, and accountability every Sunday for 12 weeks from 8:30-9:45 am starting June 21st. To learn more and sign up, head to this link here. If you have further questions, contact Art at
- Women's Summer Backyard Bible Study: As the Shelter-in-Place rules are eased up this summer (Lord willing!), please join us and reunite with other Mercy Hill ladies as together we study and discuss God’s Word in a relaxing, safe (social distanced) environment. Bring your face mask, your own water to drink, and enter through a side gate to gather safely in one another’s backyards. We will begin meeting on Tuesday evenings every other week from 7:30-9:00 pm, beginning June 23rd at Debbie Griego’s house. If you'd prefer a zoom meeting option or would like to open up your backyard for gathering, you can add those details through the RSVP form. You can find more info and the form to RSVP here.
- Sunday Service Afterparty: Remember to join us immediately following the Watch Party via Zoom for the Afterparty (which today will include a time for connections and prayer). You can find a link to join in here.
- Mercy Hill Kids Online Worship: Beginning at 11:30am today! Go here to read more and to find a link to sign in!
- Mercy Hill Youth Hangout: All Mercy Hill Youth are invited for an online hangout after service today from 1:00-2:00pm. We'll have an open space to talk about what's going on in our world currently, and seek biblical understanding of it together. Feel free to come with any questions you have. You can find more info and a link to join here.
- - - - - - -
- Home Groups: Many of our Home Groups are moving to a hybrid (in-person + virtual) format. Whatever your comfort level with meeting, you're welcome to come check one out. Find one to join here. You are not alone!
- COVID-19 SOS Form: If you or anyone you know needs help during this challenging time, we'd love to do what we can!
- Neighborhood Care Cards: Consider making use of these cards as a way of reaching out to and serving your neighbors. You can get more info regarding these in the last section of this post.
Title: Every Tribe, Tongue, People, and Nation: The Issue of Race and the Gospel of Grace (Part 1)
Text: Revelation 5:1-10
Preacher: Nick Weber
Manuscript: If you appreciate following along with written material, you can find today's manuscript here.
- What’s been your experience of all that’s been going on with the protests lately? How are you doing? How are you feeling? What’s been encouraging? What’s been troubling?
- Describe your own experience with racism. Have you ever been the victim of it? Have you ever participated in it? Tell the story.
- Why is racism wrong? What is the alternate vision that the Bible presents? What other Scriptures come to mind?
- How should the church respond practically to the issue of racism in our country today? How can we stand in the gap? What would this look like?
Call to Response
If you need prayer in any way, please either: (1) request it during the Watch Party via the "Request Prayer" button; (2) fill out a Connection Card; or (3) post your request to our Mercy Hill Community Facebook Group. We’d love to be lifting you up and caring for you in this time!
If you’d like to give an offering this morning, please check out our Give page to find the best option for you!
Mercy Hill Kids
While difficult, this pandemic does create a wonderful chance for parents to step towards their God-given call as chief disciplers of their kids. We know this may feel overwhelming and that is why we want to help! Parents of Mercy Hill children should have already received an email from the Director of Mercy Hill Kids, Christina Lugo, regarding ways you can utilize the Gospel Project curriculum at home. This information has also been included on our blog here. Beyond this, each Sunday, we are also looking to host an online worship gathering for our kids. You can check here for more details. We'd love to have you join us!
If you have any questions or need help in any way, don't hesitate to reach out to Christina at
Have a Wonderful Week!