June 28, 2020 - Sunday Service Worship Guide
Good morning Mercy Hill and happy Sunday to you! If you're new with us, we just wanted to extend a special welcome to you. Feel free to fill out a Connection Card to get more info or prayer. We're glad to have you with us!
If you're tuning in for the Watch Party, you'll notice that the platform has tabs where you can find today's Worship Guide, read an online Bible, and even chat. While we're meeting virtually like this, we'd encourage everyone to please consider taking a moment to put a comment in the chat box there. Let us know who you are and maybe where you're tuning in from. Say hi. We miss you! And as we get into the message, feel free to share other Scriptures that come to mind, prayer requests that you have, questions that you'd like answered, etc. It would be great to interact even in this limited format.
Here are a few critical announcements to keep in mind:
- Mercy Hill Church Directory Update: We're updating our church directory to make sure that everyone can stay connected during this time! The directory contains all church members and anyone who calls Mercy Hill their church home and would like to share their contact info with other members and attenders. This document is only shared with those included in the document. As we update and share this directory, we hope you will be encouraged to flip through, pray, or potentially reach out to others within the church to see how they are doing. If you would like to be added to the directory, please contact Jill Lemoine at
- Women's Summer Backyard Bible Study: The Mercy Hill Women's ministry has officially kicked off their Summer Backyard Bible Study! As the Shelter-in-Place rules are eased up this summer, please join other Mercy Hill ladies as we study and discuss God’s Word in a relaxing, safe (socially distanced) environment. It's still not too late to join us if you didn't make this first meeting. OPTION 1: The in-person group will continue meeting on Tuesday evenings every other week from 7:30-9:00 pm. Bring your face mask, your own water to drink, and enter through a side gate to gather safely in one another’s backyards. OPTION 2: The zoom group will be meeting on Thursday evenings every other week if you would like to join virtually. You can find more info and the form to RSVP here,
- Sunday Service Afterparty: Immediately following today's Watch Party, we'll be hosting a special After Party Q&A with elder candidate Tolu Odulesi on racial injustice. We look forward to having an open conversation on what we can do as a church and invite you to join us for this discussion! Please note that we will also be partaking in communion together, so have the elements ready after service if you are able. You can find a link to join in here.
- Mercy Hill Kids Online Worship: Beginning at 11:30am today! Go here to read more and to find a link to sign in!
- - - - - - -
- Mercy Hill's Reopening Plan & Guidelines: We have begun formulating our own plan for reopening as a church and have created this document to provide a few guidelines and updates. It will be housed on our website's COVID-19 page and updated as things develop. Please look it over!
- Home Groups: Many of our Home Groups are moving to a hybrid (in-person + virtual) format. Whatever your comfort level with meeting, you're welcome to come check one out. Find one to join here. You are not alone!
- COVID-19 SOS Form: If you or anyone you know needs help during this challenging time, we'd love to do what we can!
Title: Every Tribe, Tongue, People, and Nation—The Issue of Race and the Gospel of Grace (Part 2)
Text: Revelation 5:1-10
Preacher: Nick Weber
Manuscript: If you appreciate following along with written material, you can find today's manuscript here.
- How have you personally been processing the racial tension and unrest of recent days? How is God meeting you in the midst of it? How is He leading you forward?
- Which of the various implications Nick drew out from the Bible's storyline impacted you the most? Why?
- Have you been living "in step with the truth of the gospel" (Gal 2:14) lately? In what ways would you say yes. In what ways would you say no? What needs to change?
Call to Response
If you need prayer in any way, please either: (1) request it during the Watch Party via the "Request Prayer" button; (2) fill out a Connection Card; or (3) post your request to our Mercy Hill Community Facebook Group. We’d love to be lifting you up and caring for you in this time!
If you’d like to give an offering this morning, please check out our Give page to find the best option for you!
Mercy Hill Kids
While difficult, this pandemic does create a wonderful chance for parents to step towards their God-given call as chief disciplers of their kids. We know this may feel overwhelming and that is why we want to help! Parents of Mercy Hill children should have already received an email from the Director of Mercy Hill Kids, Christina Lugo, regarding ways you can utilize the Gospel Project curriculum at home. This information has also been included on our blog here. Beyond this, each Sunday, we are also looking to host an online worship gathering for our kids. You can check here for more details. We'd love to have you join us!
If you have any questions or need help in any way, don't hesitate to reach out to Christina at
Have a Wonderful Week!