Good morning Mercy Hill and happy Sunday to you! If you're new with us, we just wanted to extend a special welcome to you. Feel free to fill out a Connection Card to get more info or prayer. We're glad to have you with us!
If you're tuning in for the Watch Party, you'll notice that the platform has tabs where you can find today's Worship Guide, read an online Bible, and even chat. While we're meeting virtually like this, we'd encourage everyone to please consider taking a moment to put a comment in the chat box there. Let us know who you are and maybe where you're tuning in from. Say hi. We miss you! And as we get into the message, feel free to share other Scriptures that come to mind, prayer requests that you have, questions that you'd like answered, etc. It would be great to interact even in this limited format.
Here are a few critical announcements to keep in mind:
- Mercy Hill Youth Hike: All Mercy Hill Youth are invited to a hike at Almaden Quicksilver Park! Come join us for a time of fellowship whilst enjoying the great outdoors, and we'll provide pizza at the end of the hike as well. Plan to bring water and wear a mask so we can follow social distancing guidelines. We encourage you to pray and invite any of your friends as well. Please RSVP here so we know if you're coming, and let us know of any specific food allergies you may have. Hope to see you there!
- Covenant Membership Class - Open Registration: At the request of some in the congregation, registration for the Covenant Membership Class is now open! If you are interested in becoming a member here or simply want to re-familiarize yourself with what we’re all about, please register online. We will leave registration open for the next couple of weeks, then we’ll pick a Sunday to hold the class (either virtually or in person depending on the comfort level of those who register).
- Sunday Service Afterparty: Remember to join us immediately following the Watch Party via Zoom for the Afterparty (which today will include a time for connection and prayer). You can find a link to join in here.
- Mercy Hill Kids Online Worship: Beginning at 11:30am today! Go here to read more and to find a link to sign in!
- - - - - - -
- Home Groups: Many of our Home Groups are moving to a hybrid (in-person + virtual) format. Whatever your comfort level with meeting, you're welcome to come check one out. Find one to join here. You are not alone!
- COVID-19 SOS Form: If you or anyone you know needs help during this challenging time, we'd love to do what we can!
Title: In the Resurrection . . . (Part 1)
Text: Luke 20:27-40
Preacher: Nick Weber
Manuscript: If you appreciate following along with written material, you can find today's manuscript here.
- In the sermon, Nick mentioned how driving down Highway 1 and seeing the fire-ravaged landscape led him to reflect on where he's been setting his heart and hope and whether he's been living for this age or the age to come. Have you had experiences like this lately, with all that's being shaken up around us? When's the last time you thought about eternity, the resurrection, heaven and really been moved by it? Are you treating this world like it's not on fire, like it's going to last, like it's your final destination? Or are you living this life in view of the life to come? Explain. What would that even look like for you?
- Describe your initial reaction to the idea that there will be no marriage in heaven (v. 35). Why do you think the romantic relationship seems to be the "idol of choice" here in our culture? How will what we experience in heaven with Christ be infinitely greater than what we've known in these sorts of relationships, even with our spouse, here on earth? What questions do you still have?
Call to Response
If you need prayer in any way, please either: (1) request it during the Watch Party via the "Request Prayer" button; (2) fill out a Connection Card; or (3) post your request to our Mercy Hill Community Facebook Group. We’d love to be lifting you up and caring for you in this time!
If you’d like to give an offering this morning, please check out our Give page to find the best option for you!
Mercy Hill Kids
While difficult, this pandemic does create a wonderful chance for parents to step towards their God-given call as chief disciplers of their kids. We know this may feel overwhelming and that is why we want to help! Parents of Mercy Hill children should have already received an email from the Director of Mercy Hill Kids, Christina Lugo, regarding ways you can utilize the Gospel Project curriculum at home. This information has also been included on our blog here. Beyond this, each Sunday, we are also looking to host an online worship gathering for our kids. You can check here for more details. We'd love to have you join us!
If you have any questions or need help in any way, don't hesitate to reach out to Christina at
Have a Wonderful Week!