Good morning Mercy Hill! Before you get started with this Sunday’s message, please take a moment to check out today's announcements below.
- All Church Prayer: The All Church Prayer meetings will now be held online every first and third Sunday of the month until the shelter-in-place order is lifted. That means we will be kicking this off tonight at 6:00pm! Consider joining us for a time of corporate prayer. Find information to connect to the Zoom meeting here.
- The Prayer Room: Now that we have transitioned many of our regular rhythms to online formats (e.g. Home Groups, All Church Prayer, etc.), we are going to be dialing back the Prayer Room a bit. Beginning this week, it will now only be open midweek on Wednesdays from 12:00-1:00pm. We hope that you can set aside this time to come in, connect, and pray! Find information to connect to the Zoom meeting here.
- Easter Sunday: Believe it or not, this coming Sunday April 12th is Easter Sunday! For the service, you can expect a similar format to previous weeks though we are looking into ways we might utilize Facebook or Youtube to encourage watching and engaging together. Be on the lookout for announcements regarding this as we'll also help you consider ways you might invite neighbors, family, and friends!
- Good Friday: For this, check out the special announcement video by our worship leader, Peter Kim, below. We'll be updating our website with more details as things get finalized. Hope you can join us!
Here are a few things to still keep in mind:
- COVID-19 SOS Form: If you or anyone you know needs help during this challenging time, we'd love to do what we can!
- Neighborhood Care Cards: With the shelter-in-place order extending for yet another month, please consider making use of these cards as a way of reaching out to and serving your neighbors. You can get more info regarding these in the last section of this post.
- Home Groups: All groups have now moved to a virtual format. Find one to join here. You are not alone!
- Mercy Hill Kids Online Worship: Beginning at 11:30am today! Last week was a great time : ) Go here to read more and to find a link to sign in!
Title: Do Not Be Afraid . . . Peace Has a Pathway! (Part 1)
Text: Philippians 4:4-9
Preacher: Nick Weber
Manuscript: If you appreciate following along with written material, you can find today's manuscript here.
Pause Point #1:
- Describe your experience with anxiety this past week. What currently feels disorienting or overwhelming to you? How have you been dealing with it? If you had to outline what you think a pathway to peace would entail, what would you say? How have you moved from anxiety to peace in the past?
Pause Point #2:
- In the sermon, Nick said that we are "always talking." Do you agree? Have you experienced what he called the "frequency of fret"? Take a moment and turn this inner monologue to dialogue with God. Don't edit or censor or hide what you are feeling. Be His child. Let Him know where you are scared, worried, angry, struggling. Pour out your heart in prayer. He cares!
Pause Point #3:
- Read Philippians 1:6 again. How might these words encourage you in the midst of the anxieties you are currently facing? What would change if you anchored your soul to this verse this week?
- Take time this week and read through the rest of the letter to the Philippians. What other truths and "sturdy realities" of God minister to you? Write them down. Reflect on them often. Watch how God uses them in your heart and mind to lead you from anxiety to His peace!
Call to Response
If you need prayer in any way, please either: (1) post your request to our Mercy Hill Community Facebook Group; or (2) email us at We’d love to be lifting you up and caring for you in this time!
If you’d like to give an offering this morning, please check out our Give page to find the best option for you!
Mercy Hill Kids
While difficult, this pandemic does create a wonderful chance for parents to step towards their God-given call as chief disciplers of their kids. We know this may feel overwhelming and that is why we want to help! Parents of Mercy Hill children should have already received an email from the Director of Mercy Hill Kids, Christina Lugo, regarding ways you can utilize the Gospel Project curriculum at home. This information has also been included on our blog here. Beyond this, each Sunday, we are also looking to host an online worship gathering for our kids. You can check here for more details. We'd love to have you join us!
If you have any questions or need help in any way, don't hesitate to reach out to Christina at
Have a Wonderful Week!
Don't forget to check back online for further details regarding Good Friday and Easter Services!