Good morning Mercy Hill! Happy Sunday to you . . . and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! If you're new to Mercy Hill, we just wanted to extend a special welcome to you. Feel free to fill out a Connection Card to get more info or prayer. We're glad to have you with us!
If you're tuning in for the Watch Party, you'll notice that the platform has tabs where you can find today's Worship Guide, read an online Bible, and even chat. While we're meeting virtually like this, we'd encourage everyone to please consider taking a moment to put a comment in the chat box there. Let us know who you are and maybe where you're tuning in from. Say hi. We miss you! And as we get into the message, feel free to share other Scriptures that come to mind, prayer requests that you have, questions that you'd like answered, etc. It would be great to interact even in this limited format.
Here are a few critical announcements to keep in mind:
- Sunday Service Afterparty: Remember to join us immediately following the Watch Party via Zoom for the Afterparty (which today will include a time for connections and prayer). You can find a link to join in here.
- Mercy Hill Kids Online Worship: Beginning at 11:30am today! Go here to read more and to find a link to sign in!
- - - - - - - -
- Home Groups: All groups have now moved to a virtual format. Find one to join here. You are not alone!
- COVID-19 SOS Form: If you or anyone you know needs help during this challenging time, we'd love to do what we can!
- Neighborhood Care Cards: With the shelter-in-place order extending for yet another month, please consider making use of these cards as a way of reaching out to and serving your neighbors. You can get more info regarding these in the last section of this post.
Title: Deepening Intimacy with God (Part 3)
Text: Ephesians 1:15-23
Preacher: Tolu Odulesi
Manuscript: If you appreciate following along with written material, you can find today's manuscript here.
- How has your world changed during this pandemic? What has been bubbling in your heart? What has God been bringing to mind that you naturally might not pay attention to in your normal pace of life?
- Read Ephesians 1:3-14. Which one of those promises arrests your heart especially with the fears or uncertainties around this time? Journal about it. Maybe memorize those specific verses and continue to ruminate on it.
- Does repentance (actively confessing specific sins and working with God on it), feature much in your engagement with God? If no, why not? Does guilt or shame hold you back? Or do you generally think it is not a big deal and God sees my heart?
- Reflect on the sin patterns of your life. You could limit this to a particular time frame (the last 1 week or 2 months or year or decade or just any particular season). If you haven’t spoken to God about this, do so. See God as your father and unburden yourself to Him, and maybe a trusted believer. See how much God loves you and how he nails it all to the cross. Immerse yourself in Scriptures that remind you of the truth of the cross and your sins.
- Take some time and reflect on your daily routines. What 1 or 2 things can you tweak to incorporate practices (e.g. prayer, scripture memorization, scripture reading/studying, fasting, service, etc.) to engage God more deeply? Are there daily practices you can implement, or weekly, or monthly?
Call to Response
If you need prayer in any way, please either: (1) request it during the Watch Party via the "Request Prayer" button; (2) fill out a Connection Card; or (3) post your request to our Mercy Hill Community Facebook Group. We’d love to be lifting you up and caring for you in this time!
If you’d like to give an offering this morning, please check out our Give page to find the best option for you!
Mercy Hill Kids
While difficult, this pandemic does create a wonderful chance for parents to step towards their God-given call as chief disciplers of their kids. We know this may feel overwhelming and that is why we want to help! Parents of Mercy Hill children should have already received an email from the Director of Mercy Hill Kids, Christina Lugo, regarding ways you can utilize the Gospel Project curriculum at home. This information has also been included on our blog here. Beyond this, each Sunday, we are also looking to host an online worship gathering for our kids. You can check here for more details. We'd love to have you join us!
If you have any questions or need help in any way, don't hesitate to reach out to Christina at
Have a Wonderful Week!